I don't think I'm an emotional girl. I don't cry at the drop of a hat, I am pretty level headed when it comes to maintaining composure. But, I'll be the first to admit... I really don't like packing away baby clothes that don't fit anymore. The first time I had to do it with Cole, when he grew out of his newborn stuff into 3-6 month clothes.... horrible!!! It was the hardest day of my mommy life. Sufficed to say, it hasn't gotten any easier for me.
Brad has moved into a new size, so on Sunday we pulled all the small clothes and headed down to the 8 storage bins in the garage. I'm crying as I go through the newborn sleepers, my favorite outfits. I hold everything up to my nose to try to smell any baby left in them - nothing. That makes me cry more. As we pack the 18 month stuff up, I was looking for all the 2T-3T clothes. I found about 7 shirts... where is everything??? Later that night I sift through Cole's drawers and guess what I find - 2T stuff!!! Cole still has 2T stuff in his drawers and closets. What happened? Where are my babies? Brad can easily wear 3T shirts... I'm not kidding, Cole wore these last summer.
This past weekend at the dr's I learned Cole is 36 pounds fully dressed. Brad is 27.5 without shoes. Little Brother is catching up. Watch out Cole!
No comments:
Post a Comment