Monday, December 15, 2008

So much to talk about

I'm sorry little blog, I've neglected you so.

Now, I have so much to talk about and so little time. It's hard when you let things pile up. This is a lesson I've learned the hard way a million times and it still hasn't changed my way of doing things. O well. I'm sure my children will learn from my mistakes.

Actually, I am stalling. I am not motivated to clean and pack. We are driving back to Texas for Christmas. Yes, we have lost our minds. We are looking forward to seeing family and friends. It's the drive I am absolutely dreading. I can not express to you how much un-fun traveling for very long times with two children, two dogs, and a cat can be. A good mom would be anticipating, planning and preparing fun things to keep her children occupied with. A good mom would be concerned that it's an even harder trip on them. I am not. I openly admit that I am hiding in the corner with my eyes closed. I've been twitching my nose just praying I can transport us in a flash just like Bewitched. This drive is LONG and should not be attempted 3 times in 18 months.

Children, I am so sorry. I am sorry for the car seat sores you might endure. I'm sorry Brad you can't start school. You aren't potty trained for the sole purpose of this drive alone. I don't need anything else making it harder. I'm sorry Cole that you must listen to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star as many times as possible in a two day span. I am sorry that instead of the calm, easy-going Ashley, we'll be making this drive with Daddy. (he doesn't do well in confined spaces for long) I'm deeply concerned for his future mental health.

My to-do list today is to clean their rooms, print up insurance cards, check the highway conditions for 6 of the largest states in the Union, and start to separate "things to take". Sigh..... we'll be there once I can willing strap myself into the van....

2 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, I think I have a solution...what if I somehow morph myself over there and make that drive to Texas & you guys can come spend Christmas over here in England!!?? Yeah, I like the sound of that :) AND, I hear that the Hilburns are cooking a mean dinner too...just one more reason to hop on across the pond! But seriously, good luck with your trip. Once you're actually in Texas, I just know that you will be so excited that you listened to Twinkle, Twinkle that one last time :)

Hilary said...

It'll all be worth it when you get here! We can't wait to see you guys!