Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I got nothin

I keep thinking that it's been a while since I've posted, I should update it. Then I think... I've got nothing to say.

So, I'll start with Brad. Goodness. What happened? He's adament about wearing those pj's everywhere for days on end. I can only get them off when I talk him into taking a bath. Then he freaks out that I move them out of his sight and down to the laundry room. He's really learned "my buttons". He's developed toddler colic. He cries and whines for hours on end for no apparent reason. He only does this for me, so I guess I should crack the whip on my sweet little innocent newborn.

Cole is doing so great. He's loving school. I went to his school one day and he got to show me his routine. He walks in and finds his shelf work, lays a towel down and does his work. When Mrs. Ray says it's ellipse time, he cleans up his shelf work and...... FOLDS THE TOWEL!!!! I was more amazed at this than the academic work! Seriously, I love that school. They talk about the weather, the days of the week, sing in German, the Pledge, and sing Flag of America. He's learning sight words, to read recipes, and following directions. Mrs. Ray comments all the time about how happy he always is!

Keith is TDY for 3 weeks to Red Flag. I honestly don't know how we surivived a deployment. This 3 weeks seems like 10. I'm ready for him to be home. To break up the routine Ashley and I headed down to Salt Lake City. First stop: Chick-fil-a. To all those who think that's silly... just spend 2 years away from the yummy goodness. We hit up the world's smallest aquarium, shopping, and stayed in a horrible hotel! Man, I have a gift of finding bad hotels. I search all over for the "best deal" and then am grossed out. We've been seriously spoiled with that Marriott discount. Kinda like after flying for free all those years, buying a plane ticket seems rediculous. You want me to pay how much? We went to a bird avery, to the outlet malls in Park City, and then home. It was a busy 2 days, but I'm so happy we got to get out of town for a bit.

We also threw Ashley a baby shower. She's so cute - and so loved. It was a great time and she was blessed with lots of gifts. Erin coined the nickname "puffin" for the baby. Now that she's officially going to be a Brooke, I can't help but want to still call her puffin.

And then.... we got orders. Keith volunteered for a one year remote to Korea. For so many reasons, this is a great move for Keith's career, and it's a great move for our family. I am happy to support my husband and I love hearing how excited he is about the experience. I don't want to go. I just envisioned moving to our next base with Ashley and Erin, and living happily ever after. I know all too well, that this is part of military life. But my heart isn't ready. I should have another year with my friends. I just want to push the goodbyes back another year. I don't know how I'm going to look at sweet precious Brooke, fall completely in love with her, and then leave. Military life adjusts you to change, and prepares you to separate from your family. They just don't prepare you to leave the rocks you lean on.

I told the boys we are moving. They were excited. I told them they have to leave their friends, and they were ok. I told them they have to leave the dogs and cat in Texas and not see them for a really, really, really long time. They were ok. I told them that we can't take any of their toys. They were ok. I told them that we would have to fly in the plane. They were ok. A few days later, Cole mentioned something about Ashley being in Korea. I had to tell him that Mr. Steve and Ashley were not going. He was not ok. It's been the first and only thing to upset him about this whole move. I'm sorry honey, I know. I know.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sweet Cole. It is amazing how they get attached to adults huh. Amy has been the states (leaving here in June) for a couple of weeks and my kids have picked up the phone to pretend call her.

So when is the big move?