Thursday, November 12, 2009

Honor Roll

I had a parent teacher conference yesterday. Even though Cole is in a pubic school, it's still in the DOD's system. Everything has to be politically correct. They are not allowed to issues report cards with actual grades on them till the 4th grade. It could be damaging to their development. Instead they focus on behavior.

To quote: "Cole is what every teacher loves" "He should never have any trouble academically" "He's an independent worker who follows the rules" "He never needs much redirection, he can stay focused on task" "He is a very quiet boy who is not afraid to contribute when asked"

So, it sounds like he's doing very well in class. It's so wonderful to be nice and relaxed walking into the meeting. I wasn't apprehensive about issues or problems. We've cleared up all our "mishaps" earlier this year.

I still don't LOVE it like I did Protestant Preschool or Children's House, but I know Cole can make the best of any situation. A true military brat.

4 comments:

I'm Erin. said...

He was always a little smartie :)

thanks for complying with my request

Kim said...

What is DOD?

Hilary said...

He is such a smart, good kid. Miss him!

Jen McD said...

Erin, As long as you update daily, I will comply! You make me laugh out loud!

DOD is Department of Defense (schools in the military are run by DOD)