Monday, April 18, 2011

Dentist

I have a dentist appointment today. I love the dentist. I have spent the majority of my adolescence in a dental chair. My parents have spend the majority of their income to various dental offices. I think it's easier than going to the vet, post office, or pediatrician. Lay down and be quiet - I'm all over it. Sometimes I even nap. Sign me up.

Today I don't want to go to the dentist. I wasn't able to get xrays and a full exam last appointment because I was pregnant with Carrie. Today, I can but I wish I couldn't. Which also means I get to explain to strangers WHY I'm there again, and what happened. It never gets easy or comfortable.

I should also ask about my sweet Colby's shark teeth. His permanent teeth are growing in - WAY in - before his baby ones are even that loose. My little T-Rex. I had my first two teeth pulled by the dentist. I think I was 7. My precious second son (I'm stealing him Heather. Him and little Wyatt), Jake Jones, just had his first two teeth pulled for the very same reason.

So, Dentist or bust today. I'll see if I can't schedule Cole's appointment for some other "can't miss" occasion. I'm good like that.

3 comments:

I'm Erin. said...

I would rather get a pap smear than go to the dentist.

And I hate pap smears.

GeGe said...

maybe they will pull the two together...here comes the tooth fairy...have the cash ready...I hear they pay more for "pulled" teeth...

Kim said...

GeGe, I heard what you think the Tooth Fairy should be leaving him. Where was this Tooth Fairy when we were kids??

I like the dentist, too. I think we have probably have Jan and Dr. Weaver to thank for that.