I have been slacking on my little blog the past few weeks/months. Life as not only slowed down, but I believe my husband kicked it into warp speed.
Big Excitement!!! Keith was offered a job with Fed Ex. He is absolutely thrilled. I think I might be the only person to know how hard he worked and studied for the interview. And I'm sure I don't know the half of it! He EARNED that position and I know he will continue to work just as hard for that company. He really wanted it and he got it! I'm bursting for him!!! So, now we must prepare for the adjustment out of the military and all that entails.
Cole and Brad finished school and all the activities that happen the last weeks of school. My boys will be in the same place next year. A kindergartner and a second grader.
The screen business has started booming. I guess 109* days will help make the phone ring. Good news. Bad news, we're a one man operation with full time commitments. We're juggling the best we can! I also need to start working on a government contract for the base housing. I think we can get it!!!
That's A Little Better might be fully up and running soon. I need to file a DBA and send some out to local stores and to Lubbock. Gulp!!
Keith is on a mission to open an indoor soccer complex in Wichita Falls. I think we found the land, and have someone coming out in July to start up the business plan and city proposals.
Surprise, the house next door in foreclosure came back with an offer we couldn't refuse. So we're buying a new house and moving. Oh, and we also have to find renters in 3 weeks notice. No biggie, right? We drained and cleaned out the pool this weekend. It needs paint and some serious carpet issues. Oh, and a dishwasher and fridge. Lots of landscaping work, and TLC. On it. We should sign the papers at the end of the month.
I honestly have over a million things to do, but absolutely needed a break. Better get back to making dinner meals, getting ready for Dr. appointments and trips to Dallas to get screens, speech, soccer, dogs, cats, frogs... and a snake. Sigh........and miles to go before he sleeps..........
5 comments:
oh my gosh.
Jen, I would not be able to handle all that. You are super-woman!
You guys are a little crazy! But I have no doubt in your abilities to do it all-- you are great entrepreneurs.
Keep us posted...if you have the time. ;)
Sounds about normal to me. He IS Keith McDaniel, you know.
:)
Good Golly, Jen!! That's a LOT of stuff!! You're so supportive, I love how you are super excited about everything even though it's so much work...sometimes I can't muster that kind of enthusiasm even when I AM excited :) Ha! Good luck with EVERYTHING! So excited for all the new developments in your life. Can't wait to see them all pan out!
If anyone can handle it all, you can!
So excited for you guys with all the new and exciting stuff happening! So happy for you and Keith with the Fedx job! I'm with your friend's Erin and Amy on this one- you guys are crazy busy but, if anyone can handle it you can!!! :D BTW- funny story- as I was coming through customs I suddenly remembered a certain little bottle of clear fluid named VODKA that I forgot to remove!!! Hahaha!!! Good thing Matt had that bag and they let him pass and I got tagged to be checked with our other bags!!! LOL!!! Anyway, now it has it's place on my kitchen counter :D
Post a Comment