There's been several times this past year where both boys will randomly bring up Carrie and have a question or two. We've always welcomed their questions and been totally honest with them. I know Cole understands, but there have been several times I wonder if I've only confused Brad more. A small part of me worried that Brad would never remember, but God has proven me wrong.
If anything, Brad remembers her ALL the time. When we drive past the local cemetery, he will tell everyone in the car that his sister is there (she isn't). When we say prayers at night and mention who we are thankful for, he always says "don't forget Carrie in Heaven". As he was walking outside the other day he said "I love you mom, I love you Mickey, I love you Merlin, I love you baby Carrie".
Sometimes I don't know what to do with all his sweet moments.
Today I was working up at the school helping his teacher. They were sitting in circle time and each person had to tell the class what they are thankful for. Lots of kids were thankful for their moms, thankful for school, thankful for their toys. I just happened to walk in when it was Brad's turn. He announced to the class he is thankful for his baby sister Carrie who died.
He's my tenderheart. And he's right. I'm thankful for her too - despite all the pain and heartache, we got to be her family. Thank you God.
2 comments:
What a sweetheart.
He has the sweetest heart. Makes me cry.
Post a Comment