Thursday, February 2, 2012

Soccer Mom

I've occasionally watched an episode or two of Dance Moms. Ugh. The whole situation is horrible. The kids are REALLY talented. However, they are being caught in such a toxic situation between their instructor and their coo-coo-for-coco-puffs mothers. I pray it's really just for the tv show. These women are vicious and will eat each other and small children ALIVE if given the chance. And there are plenty of chances.

We've had our fair share of soccer drama lately. It's dawned on me that I could be perceived as a coo-coo-for-coco-puffs soccer mom. Only possibly, maybe slightly. It's a very small chance, but I'm willing to admit it.

After a very complicated and long story (that I've only subject my nearest and dearest to the full rant!), Cole can not play this season in Wichita Falls. Ouch.

Keith and I have really tried to find the balance on too much soccer and being burnt out, or occasional breaks and he loses confidence in his skills. Honestly, he's eight. How did it get to be so hard? He's so driven and so critical on himself at such a young age... He feels like he should be playing against Messi in a couple of years! No joke. However, he's talented. If soccer is what he wants to do, I promised him I will do everything I can to make sure he's got the best training. Coo-coo!

So in order to keep him active and still playing, we've scheduled him to practice with The Saints 3 times a week in Wichita Falls and he will be able to practice/play in Dallas with The Texans. Mike Victor will be hitting highway 287 hard the next couple of months. Awesome. And if anyone knows how to be in two places at once, I would love to hear how you do it. Daddy is gone, Brad has practice and games on Saturdays. Cole has practice in town on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Friday night practice in Dallas, and Sunday games in Dallas.

I love this kid. I love watching him play. I love to hear him talk about being in the World Cup. Yet, I have to be prepared if he ever wants to quit. Maybe that's what makes us so crazy! Dang kids.


3 comments:

Kim said...

Dallas-lover ;)

Cole will always be at the top of the pyramid!

Love,
Cole's #4 fan.

I'm Erin. said...

You crazy. That's a whole lotta driving.

Love Kim's pyramid comment! ;)

I'm Erin. said...

ps can't you find a Saturday practice/game league for B in dallas? then you could just stay the weekend.