So I had this great idea.... Poor Keith. I thought it was a good time to get a puppy.
The boys never bonded with Mickey and Merlin. They were strictly my dogs. Merlin had been gone for 5 months and thought a puppy for Christmas would be so much fun for Cole and Brad. Then I started to worry. Brad is pretty sensitive and self conscious. What if this new dog bonded with Cole and not Brad. The only way to solve it was to get TWO puppies, obviously.
We found a litter of golden retrievers that would be ready to go on Christmas Eve. I kinda talked Keith into the idea but he wasn't totally for it. Something about a "litter mate syndrome" had him all worried. He did so much research and googling. (I'm so glad Google wasn't around when the boys were babies - he drove me crazy with questioning everything!)
We picked out two pups and waited for Daddy to get home after Christmas. When we went to picked them up we changed our minds last minute. We kept the small red one (Maverick) but switched the light one to the lone last pup. Nobody wanted out Goose. Their loss!
We took them back and the boys were so surprised! They have been a huge help with the pups. Life hasn't been the same!
1 comment:
Life hasn't been the same... and neither has the yard.
Post a Comment