Brad is again trying to grow up on me. I only moved Cole out of the crib because I needed it for Brad. This time around I swore I would keep Brad in there as long as I could. WHY does he think he wants a big boy bed?
Last night Brad wouldn't sleep in his crib because he said there were dragons in there. Right. (thank you Cole) Today he wouldn't nap because..... there were dragons in there. Tonight, you got it, dragons. I pulled out all the tricks and I can't get that kid to sleep in his crib. So in my infinite mommy wisdom, I decided to keep him up. He'll have to go to sleep sometime right? Wrong. He stayed up and talked about "nokey nokey" (Pinocchio) Then at 11pm when I figured he was tired enough to fall asleep without fighting we headed upstairs for bed.
SIDE NOTE:I turned the lights off and he said "oh, it dark!" When did he learn that? It just dawned on me that he knows the differences. I don't recall TEACHING light/dark or day/night, but he's learning it anyway. Bittersweet.
I tell him to go into his room and Brad matter-of-factly said "No, I sleep in Co-Be's bed" and walked away. He crawled into bed next to his brother and is fast asleep.
Is this a phase? Does he just want someone close by because he's scared? Does this mean he needs a big boy bed? I can't do it. I can not take down that crib. I don't want to take it down thinking it might not be used again. So, he's going to have to tough it out till Keith gets home. And I'm not strong enough to carry the mattress upstairs by myself. I refuse to give a big boy room to my infant son.
Quick what are some nice dragon movies I can sway him with? Parenting at it's finest.
5 comments:
Oh jennifer...I don't know if he is ready or not or just needing someone. Kids they are so hard to tell with sometimes. As for the dragon movies, okay there is barbie as rapunzel : ) I don't know really but the cartoon, dragon tales on pbs maybe.
Barney...oh wait, he is a dinosaur...is that close enough? Anyway, you crack me up. Most people struggle getting their kids to transfer to a big bed and go pee pee in the potty. You are struggling to keep him from doing these things. I am going to take your approach with Luke too...it is hard to see them grow up. Maybe it is time for another baby?
I mean for you...not me:-).
I hate that you are dealing with all these things without Keith, but he'll be there soon. As for sleeping with Cole, not much I can say. I was scared to sleep in my room, then my parents figured out that if I slept in my brother's room I wouldn't wake them up in the middle of the night. I think they finally made me move to my room when Matt was like 12. At lease they're both boys.
Sounds like someone's ready to watch Pete's Dragon! It's so good!
Post a Comment