Monday, December 15, 2008

No Lika Change

When it comes to electronics, I have one philosophy. Learn what I need to know and remain baffled with the rest. I know how to email WITH ATTACHMENTS, and blog. I can check a few web sites and create a newsletter. I am very hip and trendy. Earlier this year, after SEVERAL failed attempts, Keith even taught me how to transfer pictures and post them on our computer. That small feat alone makes me feel like I'm finally getting a grip on this computer thing.

Wrong. I married a techie, I married a man who loves to upgrade to the newest, fastest, and complicated devices on the market. It doesn't matter if we will never use 90% of the capability. He needs it. He is fascinated by tarabytes and gigs - I don't even know what those are and am pretty sure they aren't spelled properly.

So my loving husband has gone and changed everything. I finally figure out the old camera, and he bought a new one. I grow comfortable with posting pictures and this new camera's SIM card doesn't fit in my ancient laptop. BUT, it does if in Keith's new Mac I Book... or whatever it's called. That thing scares me. It looks so simple and yet it terrifies me. It's so sleek and skinny. It's plain. I know it's a trick to make me feel less of a person. I'm sure it will freeze up and die when I press the wrong button. Then Keith will freak out - I just don't need it.

I was going to write a post about TuTu's and post the cutest pictures. But considering the very confusing way I would have to go about it, you will have to imagine how cute these things are. My mom and I made these HUGE tutus for my nieces and fellow adoptive daughters. Each one is made with no less than 12 yards of tulle. They are girlly girlly. It was such a change of atmosphere in the house with all the tulle piled on my tables and floors. I even had to use two certain little dudes in this house to model the lengths. Now you're really wishing I knew how to post the pictures, aren't ya? I'm sure they'll forgive me one day. I can't wait to see the girl's faces when they open their very large and full tutus. I can't wait to see them all wear them and twirl around standing 3 feet apart given the girth of the skirts.

So, imagine how cute these things are and I will work on expanding my computer knowledge.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Ha! Sounds like Chris & Keith are from the same mold. That might be why we have not 1, but 2 computer screens! Chris was going for the surround visual effect...I think it's a little over the top :)

BTW ~ Got you Christmas card yesterday...LOVE IT! Your family is just the cutest!!

Hilary said...

I can't wait to see the Tutu's in person!!!! The girls will love them! BTW, if you feel you're missing out on having things like tutu's and tiaras around everywhere, I probably can find a little girl for you to take back to Idaho...

I'm Erin. said...

Alex is loving her tutu! Thanks!! She was a little intimidated by the sheer amount of fabric when she first opened it, but was preening like a princess in no time. :)

Kim said...

I can't wait to see these tutus I've been hearing about! Make me one sister :)

Also...I feel your pain. I know my way around a computer, but try dating someone who does computers for a living. He set those dual monitors up at my apartment. (I think so I can read two gossip websites at the same time...)