Man, I should have made a New Year's Resolution to post more regularly. Too bad I never made any resolutions. I'll get to it.... one day.
We traveled home for Christmas. It was bittersweet. The drive and the weather were hard and the pressure we put on ourselves to see everyone wore us out. We realized we can't do that anymore. We can no longer go home and run around like crazy chickens. It's not fair to our family and friends to limit quality time and it's not fair to the boys. So, I'm saying (usually full of talk and not alot of action) that our next trip will be different.
Now that I say that, it appears our next trip to Texas will be this summer for about 2 months. We came home and in the length of 2 days decided to put in orders to PCS. Keith feels it's time in his career to go remote. For a number of reasons it makes total sense, but I'm not ready. I can't even think about leaving Ashley. Leaving Puffin (aka: Brooke) turns my stomach. Korea seems like the worst of the worst. Homeschooling????? Oh my. The things military dependents do to support their loved ones. We find out next week where the next phase of our lives will be. No biggie, I'll just hang out while the government makes up their mind.....
On a parenting sidenote: BIG DAY ON THE FARM!!!!
Poo Poo in the Potty! Brad told us he wanted to go poop in the potty. Being the awesome parents we were, we continued sitting on the couch. He walked in there, took his diaper off, sat on the big toilet without a step or child lid, and called for me to come wipe him. I totally thought he was kidding. No joke. My baby did it!!! All on his own!! This couch-parenting method really works. He pooped 3 more times this afternoon (my boys have good plumbing) And in the most touching sweet voice, Brad says to me "Mommy, thank you for me wiping. Give me a hug"
I've started potty training when we got back last week. He got sick so we resorted back to diapers for a few days. It was funny, the day the vomit started he told me "big boys make me sick" Seriously, he is funny, quick witted, and steals my heart every chance he gets.
When my sister and I were little we would compete in everything. We made it a point to count the number of pictures of each other were hanging in the house or at my mom's desk at work. Whoever had the most was obviously her favorite. Is that a girl thing? If not, here are two sweet Cole stories to prove that my boys are heart breakers and they are equally my absolute favorites.
Cole got a DS for Christmas. Don't know what a DS is? Join the club. I had to ask the kid in the electronic department what he was referring to. Then, my previously terrified of costumed adults walked right up to Santa to tell him. I'm telling you, this child was so confident in his upcoming gift. He would say "when I get my DS I am going to play it in the car" I would tell him that he might not get one. Cole would reply to me "but I told Santa and he will bring it" so smugly. Anyway, guess what he got Christmas. He wasn't even excited when he saw it. That's not to say he doesn't love it. In fact, he's downright addicted. I've got a gamer in the making. However, when Santa found this little purchase it came with several different games. One being Brain Age. I play this every chance I get. One day I had (and I do mean HAD) to ask Cole in the middle of the day if I could play. Sweet kid says "here you go mom" He comes over and even switches the games out for me. Seriously, if you knew his obsession you would know this small gesture shows his heart. Love that kid.
My little man is growing up. He's started saying things like "I'm not even kidding" "This rocks like a champ" "For real" "My crainum doesn't even fit in this" Ha - he will say the most random adult things he's picked up from his hero (Daddy) It's so much fun to carry on conversations with him and to ask him questions. He's growing up!
Onto my newfound timewaster - FaceBook.
2 comments:
1. FINALLY!!!
2. Talk to Leigh DeFazio about Korea. I will give you her number. She said it was THE MOST wonderful experience for her family.
3. YAY BRAD!!!! Good job. I LOVE your potty training method...will try it.
4. Cole is TOO cool!
yea, a new post :)
Maybe the government will just say no and leave you right here! maybe...
Post a Comment