Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Success

Maybe (ok, definitely) it's a little premature, but Brad's potty trained. YEA!! Time for me to put my foot in my mouth. Every now and then it's good to have record of that for my kids. Piece of cake.

Granted. Today has only been 1 day of big-boys all day and no accidents. But, I get a little sidetracked and forget to remind him. ALL DAY long he went by himself without prompting. I don't think that happened with Cole for a couple of weeks. AND - he even woke up from his nap with a dry pull up. Big Boy!!

Cole also learned to play the guitar on Guitar Hero this weekend. I'm telling you, he's good. I can't believe how fast he picked it up. Funny story - As I was sitting in the ski lodge on Saturday, I listened to a lady go on and on about how her family does not believe in video gaming systems. Chatting about they only use the Leapster Learning systems and her son doesn't feel the need to have a DS like his friends... hahaha I was SO you 6 months ago lady. So, I proudly say my son can join our family jam sessions on drums or guitar!

Another heartwarming mommy memory..... I took Cole to a music class for 6 months last year. We sang all kinds of songs with silly movements and during the entire class, Cole refused to participate. Fine. Not his thing, but he still went. So last Sunday I dropped him off at Church. Don't tell God, but we were a little late ;-) He walked in to Children's Church and he jumped right in to their worship service. He was singing AND doing the movements AND teaching his brother how to do it too. Father, thank you. Thank you for letting me see this. Actually, it was the best thing I've seen all week. I love that kid. Serious Success.

1 comment:

gina marie said...

congratulations! I am going to try your approach with Luke. With my luck he'll be the only kid in diapers at kindergarten. check out my blog you have been given an award!!!