Monday, March 16, 2009

Passport Headaches

I've been putting off the passports for a while now. I am NOT one of those adventurous people who have a passport, dreaming of filling it with stamps. I'm more of a "I'm not going anywhere" kind of girl, so why bother?

Please, take my advice.......................

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 3COPIES OF YOUR CHILD'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THAT STATE!

That my friends, just saved you $150. You're welcome. Another little FYI, the hospital's like to trick you into giving you this official looking paper that says Birth Certificate on it, with all the information.... those, my friends, are not the real deal. Don't be tricked.

And, in little ole' Mountain Home, you have to make an appointment at the Courthouse to get a passport. Next available time : in about 3 weeks!

Of course, my friends are much smarter than I am, so this information is probably just stating the obvious: I'm a dork who thought the neat slip from the hospital was the real deal for Cole. However, I did get a real one for Brad. I just lost it. $150 later, I should have them in hand to take to the courthouse in 3 weeks. That pushes us to our 6 week deadline of leaving. I love the rush of stress!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh goodness...6 weeks?! I so wish that I could see you and the boys again before you leave! Ahh, but I am confident that our paths will cross again sometime in the future...leave it to the Air Force! I will be praying for you as your time starts to really fly by...I'm feeling your pain!

Jen McD said...

Thanks... We are planning on getting out of here in June, so 3 weeks waiting for the appointment and 6 weeks of waiting for the passports... beginning of June - eeks!!

Are you going to be in Texas this summer? I would love to rub that belly of yours!! (in a total friend way)