Saturday, December 12, 2009

Man's Best Friends

I miss my dogs. I do. I miss every stinkin' part about them (and they do tend to stink from time to time). I even miss that cat. The LOUD, soft, sassy, and slightly crazy cat who tolerated my boys. I miss her too.

This morning Cole crawled into bed with me and randomly said "Mom, what would you do when we get back to Texas and Merlin doesn't like you anymore? He only likes GG." I had to assure him that of course Merlin would like GG, but he'll always remember his mama. He could never forget us and he misses you too.

That kid breaks my heart. I'm really thinking we were not meant to be a pet-free family. I've reached the point of wondering why we didn't bring them to begin with. Keith should be soaking up the next few months. That poor guy has no idea that I'm putting my foot down to a houseful of Yorkies for the rest of my days. And a sassy Marty Cat.

3 comments:

I'm Erin. said...

Oh Jen, embrace the pet freedom. Travel without restrictions and vacuum less often. Live the good life!
Oh who am I kidding, I'd be a sucker for my pets as well, so that's why I don't get any!
That, and my son who's allergic to the world.

Kim said...

Awww...sweet Cole is worried about Merlin not liking you!

If he remembers me every time, and I never get to see him, he most definitely will remember the hiney-scratch inventor.

GeGe said...

Mer Mer will ALWAYS love his momma. Don't worry about that! Papa and Ge Ge will always be around to dog-sit - as well as grandson sit!