Sunday, March 21, 2010

1st Crush

It seems as if Cole has his first crush. Now, unknown to me at the time, he's already had a "girlfriend" in Idaho. Little Miss. Cameron Cool. Her mom was his teacher. Her dad was the commander of the Tigers. I think she was running the show in that "relationship". Slightly older attractive woman, bossing him around - reminded me too much of me ;-)

This time it's a little different. There is a set of triplets in his class. Hands down, the girls are all beautiful. I would be pulling my hair out if I were their parents in 10 more years!! They are the sweetest of the sweetest and easily make you immediately want triplets. Here's the tricky part. He and his best friend Jake both like the same girl. If you even say her name around him, Cole's face gets red and you can't wipe the smile off. They fight to sit next to her at lunch, stand next to her in line, and play with her during the same quarter at the soccer games. Jake might be scoring more points with sweet little "K". He sits next to her in class. Cole told me the other day that I should talk to Dr. Stapleford about moving him to the red table so he can see the board better. Guess who sits up front at the red table? Little stinker. I'm onto him!

I would like to stir up the drama and tell him to open his eyes. Her sister "A" obviously likes him. She plays legos and war with him. And she's a really good goalie on their team. He did tell me that he likes "K" the best because she's the best jump-roper. Every man has his standards. However, all this is just too much too fast. Let's wait a few years.... or in this case 7 more weeks. We'll be back in Texas by then ;-)

Other funny's from Cole:

He told me he wanted to start "kwi con co" and boxing when we get to the States. When I asked him why he wanted to get punched in the face he said "no I want to punch someone in the face". Interesting.

7 comments:

Wensowitch's said...

i love your kids, they are the best!

I'm Erin. said...

Already??!! Say it aint so!

Hilary said...

Sweet Cole! He's gonna break many hearts!!

Kim said...

Awwww, Cole's in looooooooove! I love that is totally playing the "I need to see the board better" thing. How does he even think of that??

Wendy said...

That is so funny!!! Cara had a little boy in her class that she would blush when we said his name. I am not so sure she really liked him but she said he told her he liked her, but that was short term. But that was very sneaky of him about moving tables...you might have to keep a close watch on him :)

nana said...

Same age, similiar story, Keith's first girlfriend, Kara Barfknecht.....Cole is reminding me of how cute innocent young boys can be! She was a tomboy, and we knew he was too young to even try to explain how she was actually related to us!!

Elaine said...

hahah! Cole is too much! Sefton started boxing and before it started we went to Sports Authority to get all the equipment for the other sports...well later he reminds me I forgot boxing gloves. I said you don't need those yet. His reply...
"Then how am I gonna punch someone in the face?"
I'm guessing too much Wii Boxing!
(oh and I was wrong...they started punching in the face the first practice!)