Today we drove to WF and back. The DVD player is broken in Mike Victor. He's lucky that we've been without for so long. We've actually learned to TALK to each other during the drive. Crazy.
The conversation has been focused on Brad's birthday party. He's very excited. Well, he got a little too excited and started crying for presents RIGHT NOW! Cole and I kept trying to reason with him (hahaha) and then Cole started this little speech....
Brad, birthday's aren't about the presents, it's about spending time with your friends. Just like Christmas isn't about Santa, it's about Jesus's birthday. Easter isn't about candy, but Jesus. Mother's day isn't about giving
WAIT, this is where I had to interrupt... ;-)
he said, it's about loving your mother. Sweet, but it's also a little about giving.
So I tell him that I'm so impressed with these life lessons he's learned. It takes some people a really long time to know all that. That's when he replied "I'm just guessing." Good guess, son.
1 comment:
Cole makes me laugh, wise beyond his years.
Post a Comment