Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wishy Washy

Another yea me - I mean, us moment....

Cole's school did a reading for ice cream program with Braums. (Ashley, it's the store with the big sno-cone looking signs) For every 6 books you read you get a free treat working up to 6 free treats. This program started at the beginning of school and this week I just turned in the last papers for it. Meaning: we've read 36 books together since school's started. That's not that great, and I was terribly embarrassed it took this long! That's not even a book every two days! Guess what....

He was the first one finished in the entire school and won a special prize! His name was announced over the loud speaker and everything.

I'm really proud of Cole, but seriously..... what are these parents doing? I'm HORRIBLE at reading everyday to them and we still won? Our country is in trouble, but great job baby!

Also, random thought worth recording in this little baby book.... Cole seems to think if he holds his pee, his balls will get bigger. ((SIGH)) Honestly, where does he get this stuff? We're going to have to have an Anatomy lesson full of bladder location, what's really inside the scrotum (pop question Aunt Kimi), and possible consequences to holding your urine for so long.

And, Cole's new favorite thing is to buy lunch at school. They have it set up more of a cafeteria style where he can pick and choose what he wants. He stole a $1 out of his own birthday money to buy an orange. Then I gave him $2 yesterday and he bought: chicken nuggest, a cookie, ice cream, chocolate milk, and kiwi cut up like an orange "so yummy" Who is that kid?

Random Brad story: He's taken a liking to wearing tinted swim goggles to school. He wears them all day long and God Bless his teachers for letting Brad be Brad. So when I picked him up from school the first day he asked me loudly "Do I look like a small black boy?" WHAT? No Brad, you look like Brad, quit saying that. He then asks again "Do I look like a small black boy? Everyone looks black today and I want to look black too" Oh my, Brad. No, you are not a small black boy, people just look that way because of the tinting on the goggles. He asks "will you just call me small black boy?" Nope, can't do that either baby.

Same said glasses gave him a little case of pink eye, but I can't keep them off his head. Worth mentioning: His teacher told me that Brad just plays me and I'm the problem. She said I should give him a choice and if he doesn't pick one, then I choose and take him to school. Then she added if the fit continued at school, she would just call me and send him home. He'll learn that if he wants to go to school he will make up his mind. WHAT? Is that your way of fixing the problem and helping us? Ugh... she's not my favorite. Besides, he doesn't even like going to your class! I'm having to dress him up in semi-disguises to get him to walk through your door! News Flash: He would love to stay home!

I got the forms to fill out for his ASD/Behavior testing. They are so in depth. I think it's taken about an hour to complete. We go Dec 2nd. I'm nervous. I bought two new books to read and it's a lot to "chew" on. I'm done talking/thinking about all that for a bit.

Oh... I got all my Scentsy stuff in! Yummy. In true Chamness fashion, I might have went a tad overboard, but my house smells great.

Also, our little business is booming! Oh, did I mention that we started a side business? I think so. We've done several homes in the area and are in the black! We're thinking of just rolling all the profits into an IRA so it's not taxed instead of drawing a paycheck. I really should have paid better attention in school. Do you hear that kids?! One day you really might need to know all that! Until then, anyone know of a good tax accountant/bookkeeper?

Another long story short: I am driving around a disel truck. It's huge and I kinda feel like a Pioneer Woman climbing up in that thing and driving down the road. I'm big and tough so WATCH OUT! It makes me want to put boots on and haul some hay around. Until... I went to the grocery store today and I had to put all the groceries in the back. That sucks. I miss my mini van. I should have Mike Victor back tonight!

I better put all the groceries up before I head back up to get Brad.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so proud of Cole! (and you!) That kid is so naturally great at whatever he does. He IS a McDaniel ;) Makes it look easy! Braums is my favorite, so tell him I want to have a chocolate chip shake with him next time I'm there.

Das effrons. I remember! Cole taught me that when he was 3 or 4. Smart kid...not so smart Aunt Kimi.

Brad makes me laugh out loud. That thought was probably running through his mind all day - if everyone looks darker, then he probably does too. Makes sense to me :) And you're right, he would learn FAST that a fit in class = he gets to go home.

Whatever the testing results are won't change how charming and lovable and LOVED he is. It will help him manage his frustrations better, and help you (and us) understand why he does the things he does sometimes. He'll always be the most fun person I love to be around - there's no stopping that fun-loving personality and those devilish good looks! Saying my prayers for an answer, patience, understanding, and guidance...and delicious gluten/dairy/sugar-free food :)

I'm Erin. said...

Love the update :)

I'll be praying for that appointment on the second.

Cole-- stop being so awesome at everything! That's an order ;)

Jen, can you ask him why he thinks bigger balls is a good thing??