Today Brad had another appointment. Last time I went in with so many questions and came out with none answered and 1,000s more floating around in my head. (sidenote: God Bless Hilary for listening daily to every last one of them!)
I had zero expectations about our meeting today. I turned in the in depth information packet and talked some more about Brad's good days and his bad days. Her recommendation:
He displays Aspergers tendencies and she wants to have him fully evaluated. I feel relief. Odd. I was expecting to cry or for her to tell me I was crazy. The sense of guilt was lifted because today has been a good day. A hidden answer for "bad days" could be in sight. A reason other than bad parenting of a strong willed child could be the root of all this....
I'm relieved. I am hopeful for answers. I am ready for whatever challenges or battles I need to fight for/with my baby. I do reserve the right to my cry moments, just not today.
4 comments:
You're sweet! I am always happy to listen to you and so thankful that you felt relief after your meeting!
I have had you on my mind the last few days, and especially today. I lifted you and Brad up in prayer this morning, along with Keith and Cole. I know that God has great things in store for your family. And you are an awesome mom, so never doubt it!
Glad your getting somewhere.
And let go of the guilt-- you do your absolute best with Brad and that's all you can do.
But I empathize w/ the feelings of inadequacy. I don't think there's a parent out there who doesn't second guess themselves.
Keep us informed!
Bless you Jennifer!! You should call my mom sometime! She went through all this with Tim and he was 7 when he was diagnosed! Back then they BLAMMED the mom!
You are the best mom!
Post a Comment