Friday, June 3, 2011

Shameless BRAG!!!

I'm so stinkin excited!!

Cole and Brad just finished up the MSU soccer camp here in town. They went all week. Brad competed in the precamp and had a great time. He got a certificate and a popsicle. Perfect ending to a hot day. We decided to try moving Cole up a year/age bracket. He had a great time.

Today they passed out awards. The top player in each age group received a trophy and then they gave out an MVP Player of the Camp trophy. And the winner is.......... (if you haven't guess already!)

COLE MCDANIEL!!

I'm so proud of him. He has such a love and passion for soccer and for the past year, his numbers of losses FAR outweighs the number of wins. He never voiced an ounce of frustration. I know he just loves playing the game. But my mama's heart could burst knowing he was rewarded with the top award for his efforts!!

AND, if that wasn't great enough - Brad was equally excited for Cole. We got in the car and Brad asked if I had Messi's phone number so we could call and let him know about Cole's award too. My heart loves those boys today!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Aunt Kimi is SO PROUD of him!! He deserves it!!

I'm Erin. said...

Yea Colby!!

He is a natural talent for sure! So nice that he doesn't care too much about winning or losing. What a great kid :)

nana said...

I am filled with pride over Cole's accomplishment at soccer camp! And how wonderful that Brad was happy for him as if he had participated in the experience too! Definitely these moments can touch a mother's heart when her little ones show love and support to each other! Congrats to you all!!

Hilary said...

Sweet boys!! I want to come see Cole in action!

Laura said...

Yeah Cole!! That is so awesome! I love that Brad wanted to call Messi :) he's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great job guys!!!! Way to go Cole! and being in an older age bracket too! (obviously I'm a little behind but, I'm catching up... ;0 ) )