Melissa got me a birthday gift this year. She is always so considerate when it comes to gift giving and has ALWAYS been able to write the perfect stream of words out to express herself.
She knows that tulips are my favorite flowers. Melissa also knows that my house in Idaho had a saying written on my wall.
"Bloom Where You Are Planted"
I stuck by that motto with every Air Force move. God put us there for a reason. He needed us planted and to grow at each location. Many times those locations were NOT our first or even second choice, but we have loved each place we've been assigned. Bloom where you are planted reminded me to spread the fruits of the spirit, to get involved, and to take advantage of each city because our time there was short.
I promise this all ties together!
So she gave me this gift of a beautiful canvas painting:
On the back is a note that reads:
Jennifer, "Bloom where you are planted" - one of your favorite quotes. Tulips - your favorite flower.
I chose this gift for you to bring you a sense of renewed strength each time you see it. I pray that you will once again be able to view springtime with a full and peaceful heart.
Your sweet Carrie will be with you forever in your heart and soul... and in Heaven, you will one day hold her hand.
I love you, my dear friend ~ Sister of my heart, Melissa K
So I've created a Me Place in my bathroom. To see and read every morning. It is a reminder to continue growing, to not just survive, but to thrive. I cherish it. And I love my dear friend.
4 comments:
She has the best heart. Love her!
So thoughtful and so special to have such a good friend. :D
Oh my goodness, Jennifer! YOU have a way with words! I love your blog and I feel very honored to have been included in it. You are just precious to me and you will always be with me, no matter where you decide to bloom. ;) I love you.
AND- I adore your "me" space!
Jennifer, you have a beautiful heart and the most beautiful way to express it. I love you so much, and you make MY heart happy!!! May God bless you! Still waiting for you to write a book.
Post a Comment