Cole recently stopped saying "redult" instead of "adult". I don't know who taught him the difference, but I'm a little upset by it. He's not allowed to grow up so clearing his vocabulary from cute baby sayings is forbidden.
However, on the flip side.... yesterday he was telling me a story about something that happened at school and he said it was "alarious" (as in hilarious) Be still my heart!! I need a few more years of hearing "alarious" ;-) Don't ruin it for me!
I'm still absolutely shocked every time I pick up Brad from school. I can't wait to take a look in his folder. I'm also noticing a difference in how Mrs. Dylla is treating him. She's hugging him and commenting on how sweet he is. I'm sure it's difficult for a teacher, but knowing that she's seeing the kid inside that I know he is, delights me to no end. She's always cared for him and looked out for him, but now I feel like she's really LOVING him. Brad is writing EVERYTHING! I call it his "tag", but he's writing "I love Cole, Mom, Dad, God, Jesus" on each and every paper he brings home. I find this a far cry from the boy two weeks ago saying I hate everybody, everybody hates me, and I want a new family. He even told me the other day "I don't like the days we don't go to school!" HOLY COW!
The child who Keith and I thought would never grow out of whining, has stopped. He's not throwing fits, he's understanding directions and following them. He's telling me about problems with words and not screaming and crying. I'm bummed Keith isn't here to see the differences. I think he will be FLOORED when he gets back next weekend!
2 comments:
Yea Brad!! I am so happy for him!!
great update on little B!
And I'll kill anyone who tells my kids that it really isn't "aminal"
Post a Comment