Friday, January 13, 2012

Starts with an L

I picked the boys up from school yesterday and told them I had a surprise. We were going somewhere and I gave them clues:

Me: It starts with an L
Cole: Loony Tune Land
Me: It has thousands and thousands of these things in them
Cole: ??
Me: Dewy Decimal Point System
Cole: I don't even know what that is.
Me: Card Catalog
Cole: Are we going to Best Buy?
Me: Second letter is I
Cole: Loony Tune Land

I wanted to hit my head on a wall.... what in the world are they learning in school? And I really should have taught them this sooner. We went to the City Library and they each got library cards. I showed them how to use the computer catalog and told them how it use to be all these cards in a little box. They looked at me like I was crazy. We found the numbers and how to find the aisle it was in.... and we picked out...... How To Eat Friend Worms.

Crazy enough, the kid's name is Billy - the same name of the boy in Where the Red Fern grows. So far we are 50 pages in and they find it "alarious" Makes me happy!!

No comments: