Cole has been practicing with the U-11 Taxofit camp. I'm not entirely convinced he has made the team, time will tell. In the meantime he is showing up with a positive attitude and desire to improve.
This past weekend there was a tournament south of town. Cole didn't have his player card so he couldn't compete in any of the games. It was an all day tournament and he had to watch all his new buddies play without him. I told him he needed to pay attention and support his team. I fully expected him to have about 10 minutes of interest and then want to go kick the ball off to the side while waiting another 7 hours to go home. Instead he sat with the coach and team, unsuited, and watched others play the sport he loves so much . All. Day. Long.
I was impressed by his actions! I guess I wasn't the only one. The following Monday at practice his coach gave him the team medal.
I'm so proud of you Cole!! Some lessons are learned on the field and others learned off the field.
1 comment:
He has always been very special and this is only one example why! I am so proud of him! He will accomplish his goals and dreams because he has a vision and focus that few, if any, children ever have at his age. (He reminds me of Keith, when he was his age, except I believe he is even more focused!!) You guys are awesome parents. I love him so much!
Post a Comment