We have have personal preferences. People are like snowflakes and no two are alike. Both boys amaze me in their similarities and differences. This week they both needed a haircut. Cole opted for the standard trim. He looks handsome. Brad wanted something different. He had a vision in his head and asked that I carry it out. He wanted it very short on the sides but a long rat tail in the back. Brad couldn't be persuaded or deterred. He kept insisting his desires. So I gave him what he wanted. Let it be said.....
His taste isn't my taste. I love his creative vision and determination to express himself the way he chooses. I'm envious of his self confidence to go against the norm, and I will fiercely protect him from others who try to squash, steal, or break him from doing things his way. And, it's just hair.
He father might not share in his choices either, but we'll always support you!
No comments:
Post a Comment