I lack consistency. We had a great whirlwind summer. I should blog about it. We went to Barcelona, San Sebastian, Gothenburg, and Copenhagen. We came home and have a long visit from Grandpa and Bobbie.
School started this week. Cole started high school. 5th grade. There was a big ceremony for him. I didn't understand a word of it, but apparently it was a big deal. He has the same schedule as Aiden. They ride their bikes to the train stop and then take the train to school. It's been a hard time letting go. I have so many questions about all the unknowns. Cole is a bit tired of answering.
Brad also started 3rd grade in a German public school. It's a walk down the road. I couldn't drive there if I wanted to! No parking! Truly a neighborhood school. His teacher is sweet enough.. My stomach turns when he tells me people tease him and he sits by himself at recess. I tell him it will get better. Lord, please let it get better.
Keith is back in the states for recurrent training. He left early to travel with Grandpa and Bobbie. I'm glad he did. He's had the chance to visit all our friends. I'm insanely jealous. I'm so torn between spending the $ to visit. The whole point coming over here was to save money. It seems counterproductive to the pain we've endured. Speaking of....
August 5, 2014 was our one year anniversary to being in Germany. We survived. That's all I have to say about that.
So, I'm trying to be hopeful that our second year here is much better than our first. We've worked out the kinks. Right? Lord, please tell me it gets better.
No comments:
Post a Comment