Monday, July 14, 2008

God is with You

Brad was crying in the car. I was trying to find out why all the tears, but nothing I offered or could do soothed the tears. Cole then told me that he just wants me. Poor Dude - that's when it happened.........

Cole so calmly says to Brad "Don't worry, your mommy is right here. You just can't see her. Mommy will never ever leave you." Heartbreaking. In my mind, all I could think about was me. I slightly felt more confident in the decision of not going to visit Keith. I knew he was too young. Then Cole added more, "Do you know who else is always with you?" "God".

Such a wise, wise kid. I can't explain the peace it gives me to hear him remember and say that! He's right, God is always with us, even when we can't see him, and will never ever leave. Brad stopped crying.

3 comments:

Keith McDaniel said...

Tear - I love that Cole. He is a wise little man - you're doing a awesome job with him.

Proud Dad

GeGe said...

You both are doing an awsome job with those boys - they would not understand or know about God and Jesus if they did not have great examples. I am really enjoying them - little Brad wakes up humming and singing and Cole is full of hugs and kisses. What more could a GeGe want.

I'm Erin. said...

Awwwwww, so sweet