Friday, August 22, 2008

Heartbroken

I'm over this deployment. When we were in Texas, Cole stubbed his toe and hysterically kept crying for his daddy. That was his trigger. Stubbing his toe and all his feelings of missing his dad came rushing over him. I couldn't console him. Today was my trigger.

I've lost my diamond earrings. Keith bought a pair of diamond earrings for me on our wedding day. As I was getting ready, he went to the small jeweler across the street from the Embassy Suites. He bought these earrings he probably couldn't afford. I loved them and now they're gone. There were my "something new" - my only traditional thing in my nontraditional wedding. Wearing them reminded me of Lake Tahoe and saying "I do" to my love. They're gone. Keith's gone. It sucks.

I want them back, and I need Keith back.

Granted, they are earrings - a material possession. Somewhat replaceable. ;-) My kids are healthy and Keith is safe. Life will go on, but tonight I am sad. And I'll forever be sad when I think of my groom handing me the small package before we left to get married. The boys gave me a group hug tonight in an effort to cheer me up. As they are squeezing my neck, their heads nestled on my shoulders, it reminded me of the pair I have now. The pair that isn't missing. If that is my trade up, I'll keep em'

3 comments:

I'm Erin. said...

Aww, Jen, I'm sorry you're having a rough time now. I'm guessing the vacume bag didn't produce the earrings :(
Glad your boys were giving you some love...now if they could only sleep in, make their own meals, clean their own messes, and bathe themselves for the rest of the deployment we'd be getting somewhere.
We'll make it! Just...well I wont mention how many more days, but we'll make it.

Keith McDaniel said...

don't worry about the earrings - we'll get some new ones. I'll be home soon making a mess, farting, forgetting to lower the toilet lid, not taking out the trash, leaving food on the table pestering the boys and attempting to kill both dogs, are you really sure you miss all that?

gina marie said...

Your post makes me want to cry. I know exactly how you are feeling. He'll be home soon and probably after reading this post he'll have bigger earrings:-). Nick lost his wedding ring the day before leaving on a one year remote to Saudi. Hang in there.