That was it - welcome to your first day of kindergarten. I guess it's a good thing. You like the school, are comfortable with the teachers, and already spotted your friends. It makes it easier to not be sad. It's a private school so in a way I still feel like I'm protecting you. AND you have to do it again next year because of your late birthday. No need to get all sad and weepy today, it's just dress rehearsal. Not that the heart-of-stone would ever get sad and weepy over such a big day in her baby's life. But I do wonder what you're doing right now, and if your happy or nervous or scared. Are you listening to your teachers, confused by the directions? Do you know where the bathroom is? SIGH - You do.
Thank you to Mrs. Owen, Mrs. Cool, Ms. Meagan, and Mrs. McCaw for the easy transition from preschool to here. What is there to be sad about? Now... whatever will I do with my time? Oh ya, I think your brother is into the markers! Have a good year baby. I love you forever - As long as I'm living my Colby you'll be.
2 comments:
If you're in the mood to indulge your sad feelings, check out the poem on my friend Heather's post about her daughter's first day of kindergarten.
http://hacsac.blogspot.com/
What a big boy that Cole!! And how we miss him...shouldn't he be doing this with Cara...well I guess if we were both in the states Cara would be a year behind??? But anyway, it is a little sad but do realize now you get some one on one with Brad that you usually don't get that Cole had pre-Brad years. : )
Post a Comment