
Have I ever told you how much I love MOPS? Yep, I'm kinda a nerd when it comes to this group. A total stranger knocked on my door when Cole was just a baby. It was late afternoon, I was still in my pj's, probably with spit up and food staining my shirt, and of course the house was a mess..... so it's totally a God thing I even opened the door. She handed me a brochure and invited me to MOPS. Cole was 10 months old and I had NEVER left him anywhere. Thinking of leaving him in the kids program almost kept me away. Again, a God thing that gave me courage to try it out. I went. I loved it. The impact MOPS had on my life as a new mom was a key part in leading me to Christ. I seriously would still be lost without it.
When we left Oklahoma saying goodbye to my MOPS friends was the hardest. Even harder was finding out there wasn't a group in North Carolina. That's when Gina became such a blessing in my life. I was pregnant, in a new town, and the first spouse meeting I went to... lovely Gina announces she wants to start up a MOPS group and is looking for help! We worked really hard trying to get it started, but ultimately it never got off the ground. I am still grateful for the experience because the trials we faced then prepared me for Idaho!
We got to Idaho and another new group was starting their very first year. Patty held a military MOPS on base, and I think she did an excellent job. Again, we faced many military hurdles so we decided to take the group to Calvary Chapel.
This morning was our first meeting at Calvary Chapel and it was such a success. God is truly amazing in how everything pulled together. I think the moms had a great time! (Gina, there is only 2 of us on steering and we had 25 moms with almost 40 kids!) So, today kicked off my 5th year with MOPS and I am pumped! I pray this group grows together and helps meet the needs of the moms attending... spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Whew... I feel like I can relax today. Our next meeting is only 2 weeks away. I wish you all could join us! If not, please check out a MOPS group in your area. You won't regret it!
3 comments:
Good work honey - I know you put a lot of work into getting this started. I'm glad that your first meeting was such a success! If you're looking for a guest speaker on the finer points of wrestling with toddlers I'm your man.
Oh, I am so happy! I still feel awful MOPS never took off at SJAFB. I wish you all the luck/blessings in the world!
You did great Jen! Thanks especially for preparing the way for my allergic babe :)
Post a Comment