Since we're on the backside of this remote it's only fitting that I start planning my first week of activities when we arrive back in the states. We booked our family vacation in February, my family is coming out in March, we're all going to China in April, and if all goes according to plan*, we will be home in May. See... our time left here is but a blink. That's what I tell myself when I've been stuck inside this apartment for 5 days straight.
(* this plan is all in my head so I'm sure the Air Force will throw in some kind of wrench. Also, I think I heard God snicker at the mentioning on "MY" anything)
So after I get off the near 16 hour solo plane ride with my children, I will meet our family at the airport for pick up! This will be so exciting. I have it in MY head that flying back will be a breeze because it's a red eye... we'll all wake up happy and adjusted to a full day we gain back with the time change. All of our luggage will arrive safely - minus a car seat, because I'm going to move Cole up to a booster. (Yes, he's six and I'm overprotective. I know) Anyway, we'll get all our luggage and go straight home. This is the moment I can not wait for.... seeing my dogs and cat! I literally tear up thinking about it. Please understand that I have missed family and friends. I have also been able to talk and write to family and friends though not as often as I would like. It doesn't mean I place animals above human beings, nor does it mean that I love ya'll any less. But these are my fur babies that think I have abandoned them, assuming we are dead and probably will not like me for a long time. It's the guilt talking. I think I will collapse on the floor and stay there with their yappy, hacking, licking, knob shaking hineys for approximately 7 days. I will pet them and hold them. I will cuddle with them and let that loud cat kneed her paws in my belly. We should probably move onto things I would like to do the SECOND week I'm home.
Reading this back sounds a bit coo-koo.....THAT lady has problems. Moving on.
I will hunt down all our family and friends to give them long overdue hugs! I want to catch up on life and meet my new nephew Malachi and self-proclaimed niece Olivia. I'm going to cry when I see how much they've all grown - Trent, Christian, Paris, Nicky, Madeleine, Dinah, Kaitlyn, Allie, Bella, Kincaid, Maddie, Jacob, Abby, Hannah, and Kayleb! I will have to bribe them with candy to remember my name again.
Then we shall let the eating begin. This is the dilemma: where to go first? Keith says "Easy. Texas Roadhouse." Ohh... I could eat 10lbs of their yeast rolls alone. I am also going to need some Tex-Mex pronto! Maybe El Chico - fast and dirty. Don't think I haven't forgotten about you Chick-fil-a! The third or fourth stop should be renewing my gym membership. I will need it for the Papa John's/Bahama Buck/Rockfish damage to follow. I've been warned by several here to stay away from Wal-Mart for the first two weeks. It's just too much culture shock to take in at once! HA, I can totally see how that can happen.
Oh... home, where there's carpet and Mike Victor. There's television and cell phones. Gas Stations and grocery stores. Slurpees and Sno-cones... and COLDWATER CREEK. There's also family and friends that make it just that.... HOME.
See you in 4 months or so!
3 comments:
I can hardly wait...and will never complain again (well almost never) about Idaho being to far away!
I am going to save my Ultimate Pedicure gift certificate for when you get back.
I had to come back to this post and comment that while you're starting to think about coming home, I'm still using the laundry detergent you left behind.
Guess I haven't been washing clothes enough!
Post a Comment