Most children start to lose their teeth around 5 or 6. Not my kids. They were late getting them and I'm sure they'll be late losing them. (however, I do wish that extra tooth in Brad's grin will fall out sooner rather than later. Just sayin. He's the ONLY kid I know that can pull it off with his cuteness though) I think I was 7 when a dentist yanked my first teeth that were NOT ready to come out.
I'm pretty sure the tooth fairy won't be visiting us for a long long time. I've convinced myself of this and went about my life. I'm not even sure the boys know that one day they will be parting ways with their baby teeth. Keith makes the occasional comments of "too much sugar will make your teeth fall out" "you can't have taffy because your teeth will fall out" Nine times out of ten he's talking to me, but I'm sure the kids hear it.
For some reason the other day Cole became insistent that I brush his teeth for him. He's been doing a great job on his own for a while now. I'm always in the bathroom with Cole while bushing Brad's teeth, but I monitor what he's doing and he's completely capable. So for him to freak out about me doing this struck me as odd.
It wasn't until we went and had lunch with him that I put two and two together. A little girl he sits across from has lost all 4 of her front teeth. Cole leaned over and said "see, all her teeth fell out of her head and that's why I want you to brush my teeth." Oh, sweet Colby Lee. Now I have to explain that it's natural while somehow backing up the sugar-story. I love the literal side of kids.
3 comments:
All of her teeth fell out of her head :) That's funny that he thought he wasn't doing a good enough job. Cute kid. Doesn't Keith still have a baby tooth or two? Between you and Keith, those boys may have those teeth for life...
(I admit, I thought this blog was about Cole losing his first tooth and I was about to have to cry a little. Stop growing so fast Colby!)
I'm with Kim... I was going to cry about Cole loosing his first tooth or you finding a loose tooth and that is why he wanted you to brush them...
He is so cute thinking that not doing a good job makes them fall out....and he trusts you so much to make sure that does not happen...Love that boy...stop growing!
That kid cracks me up!
Post a Comment