Friday, January 29, 2010

Dr. Fish

Life is pretty low key here in Korea. There's not as many rules and regulations about each and everything you come across. This is good when you're tired of waiting at a red light... just go if the path is clear. This is bad when you are eating at a restaurant and wonder about their health code standards. There isn't a PETA chapter considering they eat dogs (bad thing in my book), but good when it comes to Dr. Fish.

Have you heard of Dr. Fish? It's a large fish tank at spas where you can stick your feet into and the fish EAT the dead skin off of you. These little aquatic vertebrates will nibble at your body while taking away your corns and callouses. (every time I say callouses I want to finish with "bluestar ointment the one that's guaranteed, ask for it!" I watched way too much tv when I was younger.)

Walking the streets of downtown today we stopped into Escape Nail Salon for some Dr. Fish. I wanted to take my family here when they visit, so we went to check it out. You know it didn't take long for my children to have their hands in the tank allowing the fish to eat their fingers. Brad was a little more timid than Cole. Cole had his shoes off and in the water 30 seconds later, Brad was more of the watcher. The kid didn't even flinch. He just stuck his feet in and was laughing away. It took a while longer for me to join in the fun. I shouldn't say fun...

I almost couldn't stand it because it starts off as a tickle. Then it turns into an irritating pain. Do you know when your foot falls asleep and when it start waking up you have the pins and needles feeling? That's exactly what these fish felt like!!! You know when it tingles and you have to walk on it but don't want to walk... Dr. Fish!
It was different but really cool. Cole loved it, by the way, are those the cutest little man feet you've ever seen? Ignore the pasty white mama legs, they will be Thailand tan in 11 days. Cole said he wants to go back tomorrow. Finally - I have a legitimate reason to go to the spa everyday! Whatever you say baby!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Stops itching fast! Jock itch, ring worm, psoraisis, tetter and removes corns and callouses. Blue Star Ointment, the one that's guaranteed, ask for it!

I can't wait to try it!

I'm Erin. said...

I'm not sure about this one Jen!

Wendy said...

Very interesting! I hate the feeling of your feet waking up from a sleep so not sure if I would like but glad Cole did!!!