The weather is warming up! In my expert opinion Spring is in full force on the ROK. Wednesday we picked Cole up from school and decided to go to Everland. Our passes are only good for the weekdays and we haven't been since November. We drove out and were puzzled as to why we were being directed to the overlfow parking lot. Let me tell you - the place was PACKED! I've never seen so many cars there. It was like being at a regular DisneyLand. Or worse, like Six Flags in the Summer, or like a family fun trip to Sea World 2009.
As it turns out, this is the Korean Spring/Summer break. School starts up again for them March 1st. Lines for the teacups were an hour. No thank you. We've become very accustomed to being the only people in the park, waiting was not on our to-do list. We basically just enjoyed walking around and seeing the sights. The only thing Cole wanted to do was play the dart game. You know the game you have to pay extra money to play like at the fair? For $2 you get 5 darts to try to pop all the balloons. What a deal!
I felt a little guilty. I wasn't going to stand in any lines and basically took them on a 3 miles hike while they got to listen to other kids laughing and screaming on all the rides. I forked over the money and little man stepped right up.
We gave him the darts and wouldn't you know - he hit FOUR in a row! Cole made it look so easy. He won a little stuffed doggie bone that he wants to give to Mickey. Sweet kid. Girlfriends are going to love him. They'll get to take home all the stuffed animals and it will only cost me $2.
1 comment:
Dude, those 5 darts would have cost you $10 at the State Fair.
I am totally not surprised he hit 4 in a row. The kid is a natural at everything! And I love love love that he wants to give his stuffed animal to Mickey. I think Mickey Lee is going to love it too.
Speaking of Sea World Family Fun Trip 2009, did you hear about the Shamu in Orlando that killed the trainer in front of the entire crowd??? The thing attacked her and thrashed her around and they couldn't revive her. And all of those kids in the stadium saw :( Isn't that horrible?
Post a Comment