Thursday, March 11, 2010

Unpredictable

Brad. That alone could wrap up this whole post. My sweet Brad. You never know what will come out of his mouth. Did I ever post that in gymnastic class they play a color game while they stretch? The kids shout out their favorite colors... red, green, orange. Not Brad. Every time - EVERY TIME - Brad wants to be hazel. Ask him the difference between black and white and you might not get a response, but he'll be hazel till the cows come home.

I figured since we'll be around lots of friends and family on his birthday, I should throw him his first ever birthday party!! It appears we're in the middle of a move on all of his birthdays. Well, for his second we went to the River with the Thomas family and had ice cream cone cupcakes. It was fun for the rest of us! This year he's excited, but I'm not sure he knows what for... that's my Brad.

I asked him where he wanted to have a birthday party and his first response was "school". I will remind him of that when I can't get him out of bed for school in 4 years. I'm leaning towards having one at Going Bonkers in Lewisville. We've been sheltered. I'm already nervous it will be crowded. Is it wrong for wanting the party to be a 9:00am as soon as they open?

My next question was what kind of party does he want. His response "sharks". Only Brad. I better get to planning a shark birthday party!! I can't wait - grey. blue, teeth, and a cake from Candy Haven!! Wait, what if Candy Haven isn't cool anymore?

4 comments:

Judy said...

Bonkers will be great! It is really pretty open and easy to watch the kids. I wouldn't think it will be crowded at 9:30 in the morning and think that would be fine! Candy Haven is still "cool" but not sure it is worth the price. Sam's makes VERY good cakes and I have heard this place is good: Swirl Bakery Cafe & Catering
3634 Long Prairie Rd Ste 100, Flower Mound, TX 75022 (214) 513-1334



Rating: 8/10
List of Flower Mound Neighborhood Guide URL: List of Flower Mound Neighborhood Guide
More info from CitySearch

Scorecard
Food Quality 6 reviews, 50% positive The cake is very dry and one of the cupcakes was so dry it was hard to bite into. More January 7, 2010 Judy S. at Yelp.com I tried to cut the cupcakes in half and they just crumbled apart causing the frosting to fall over on itself. More August 25, 2009 Girlin G. at Yelp.com If it wasn't so sweet, that would've been the best I had so far, including Sprinkles. More August 25, 2009 Girlin G. at Yelp.com But the cake part was too dry and didn't really deliver on flavor. More July 20, 2009 Daniel W. at Yelp.com Nice employees, food is amazing! More July 9, 2009 Colleen Jackson at UrbanSpoon.com Besides sandwiches, they have a really good daily hot plate. More July 12, 2006 M J. at Yelp.com
Reviews
Write a review
Be the first to write a review about this business!
Web results
Home [swirlbakery.com]
Swirl Bakery . CafĂ© Takery Catering. Open 8 AM ‘til 9PM (Sunday ‘til 3pm) A Family Affair in Flower Mound. We celebrate the Milestones in your life with Friends, Family and ...

http://swirlbakery.com/
Swirl Bakery Cafe, Takery & Catering in Flower Mound, TX | Yahoo ...
All topics in Flower Mound TX. Have an idea, question, or comment for your neighbors in Flower Mound? Start a new topic.

http://local.yahoo.com/neighbors/srp/?p=Swirl+Bakery+Cafe%2C+Takery+%26+Catering&csz=Flower+Mound%2C+TX
Swirl Bakery Cafe, Takery & Catering, Flower Mound, TX - Yahoo! Travel
Swirl Bakery Cafe, Takery & Catering ... Thank you for adding your photos to Yahoo ... Popular Hotels in Flower Mound, TX. Prime Hospitality

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-18616964R-swirl_bakery_cafe,_takery__catering-i
more nd there is also a place in FM.

Kim said...

I was in tears laughing so hard at "hazel" - that kid is FUNNY.

GeGe said...

I think we can even have Sam's make cupcakes in the shape of s Shark...with big teeth and scary eyes...:) Got to love that boy.
Be uses Swirl for great frosted cookie for the clinic parties in the shape of dogs and cats...mmmmm they are the BEST also

Jennifer Dudley said...

We did a Going Bonkers party and did it on a week night. We were the only ones there. Just a thought. And everyone we invited came.
Now we just do family parties. The girls do not mind. We just invite a few friends do something special and go out to dinner. I am not a fan of kids birthday parties. Going to them and giving them.
Does that make me a bad mommy?