Monday, October 11, 2010

Urination

This morning at 6am it dawned on me that 90% of what I "do" is clean up fecal matter. I've been a dog owner for 13 years and mother for almost 7. I'm slow to pick up on things.

Let's see...

Friday Brad needed help in the bathroom. I walked in and immediately wanted to run away. Far far away, Forrest. There was a turd on the floor. There was smeared poop on the lid. Brad was covered in smeared poop, and the toilet was FULL of toilet paper.

I've laid down the law - no more pull ups in this house. I refuse to buy them anymore. I've always hated them, nothing more than expensive diapers, but I thought they served a purpose. In turn to this brilliant plan, the boys pee the bed an average of 3 times a week - each.... that's lots of sheet cleaning.

Last night I changed the liter box. I scoop it daily, but I thought I should give it a good cleaning. As I went to pick up the box, it was "glued" to the floor. Yes, it was crystallized to the tile with cat urine she peed outside the box! Do you know how much elbow grease it takes to get the crystallized urine off the floor? I pray you never have to know.

Did I mention I live in a house with 3 boys? Have you had to clean the bathroom floors of boys? 'Nough said.

My dogs pee and poop in my floor an average of 3 times a week. This morning at 6:00am, Brad was crying because he stepped in dog pee. As I'm scrubbing it up, Cole wakes up because he's peed in the bed.

I promise my house is clean. Please come over to visit. Please tell me that one day I'll be done cleaning up the waste of others. I just talked myself OUT of nursing school. And possibly more children.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I about peed my pants with that Brad story.