Friday, October 12, 2012

A letter to Brad

Without going into details something happened last weekend. It was a huge wake up call for me and I had to make quick choices that were very hard. My Dearest Bradley, You scared me. A flash of what could have been has haunted my dreams and thoughts ever since. I hope you understand how much you are loved. I couldn't breathe without you in our lives. I physically want to be sick when I imagine not seeing you, talking with you, playing with you, taking care of you, raising you, or flat out knowing you are ok. It breaks my heart when you don't realize your value in our lives. I feel like I'm failing you as a mother when you don't understand God's purpose for your creation. YOU are a LOVED little boy. You were created by the KING of all things. You were made in His image to do great things here. You were made unique to stand out as Brad and Brad alone. You hold our hearts with a slight smile. I live to see the world from your precious eyes. Please know that I will exhaust my last ounce of strength making sure you know this. I am making a commitment to you. I want to help you in every way I know possible. It's hard as a parent. I will not always know what the right thing to do is, but I promise you there won't be a decision made that wasn't well thought out. I promise I'm researching, weighing all sides of an issue, asking questions, and most importantly praying. I'm praying for you all the time sweet boy and your brother too! I am VERY honored God choose me to be your mom. I love you so so much and I hope you understand one day your importance. I want you to realize your self worth, your gifts, and love for yourself. I will do all I can to help you and I know for a fact your father feels the same way. We love you little man, Your mom

No comments: