Thursday, June 5, 2008

Boogers

Brad has had his finger in his nose all week long. I remember this stage with Cole (and Cara - I wish Jason were close by to tell the story of Nasal and Nostril). I was telling Brad last night that you don't eat your boogers because they will make you sick. Cole chimed in with Mr. Steve eats boogers!

It reminded me of the story. I figured I would write about it - it was F.U.N.N.Y.

The O-Club was offering free hot dogs, burgers, and drinks. I guess the base passed some test, and this was the appreciation lunch. We had just moved here - in fact we were still in the TLFs. We decided to enjoy a free lunch despite the fact that we had nothing to do with the base accomplishment. It was Ashley and us - Stephen was the only "t-bolt" that could join us. He was so helpful to me. He and Ashley helped find us a table, found a highchair, got Cole a plate of food and a drink.... they really are my extra set of hands. My attention was diverted to Brad and getting him settled, I didn't really notice how helpful Steve was being with Cole. I occasionally would blurt out to Cole "finish eating", and "no cookie till you eat all your hamburger".

Unbeknown to me, Cole held up his hand to show Mr. Steve something. Steve thought is was a baked bean. He didn't want Cole to get in trouble so he ate the "bean" in Cole's hand. Wouldn't you know Cole then points out "YOU JUST ATE MY BOOGER!" Mr. Steve goes above and beyond the call of friendship.

No comments: