Thursday, July 3, 2008

Nighttime Prayer

We say this prayer every night. Cole can say it with me, and Brad is learning.

Dear God, Thank you for today and all of our blessings. Thank you for Daddy, thank you for Cole, thank you for Brad, and for all of our family and friends. Please keep us safe through the night. Amen.

Cole will add in "thank you for mommy" every now and then. I use to think it's because we had a fun day together. Wouldn't you know, he throws it in on my worst mommy days too. I also ask him if there is anything else he wants to tell God. Sometimes he will say thank you for my toys, watch over the man he saw with one leg, or ask for something I told him he couldn't have. Ever since Keith left, he's been praying for daddy to fly safely. Amen.

1 comment:

Keith McDaniel said...

I miss saying the prayers with the boys. Tell them daddy prays for them every night - to listen to their momma and be nice to each other. Dad will fly safe don't worry about that.