Saturday, August 23, 2008

Not Gonna Do It

Brad, my baby, sweet little guy, just born yesterday thinks he is ready to be potty trained. I find this highly impossible and am happy to overlook the HUGE signs pointing to his excitement over this. I am lazy, and I don't believe in infant training.

The past few nights he's been telling me "pee pee potty mommy". He takes his own diaper off and goes into the bathroom. I lift him on the toilet and he pees. Great. He will get out of the bathtub to pee (good news for Cole!), and thinks flushing is the best part! He's even tried #2.

So today I bought him a ring to sit on top of the lid so I don't have to hold him in place. Do you know that little bugger went without a diaper all evening after dinner, peed 3 times and didn't have any accidents? Well, that's fine and dandy, but I'm not ready to train him.

He's got another thing coming if he's trying to grow up on me. I should write a potty training book on reverse psychology. I could be on Oprah and get to meet George Strait....... Maybe I'll start training tomorrow.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

OH thats so great I think : ) Syd is showing interest too and doing some of the things that Brad is doing but I too am lazy. But hey Carly trained herself maybe Brad is too. Then you don't have they stress of it like with Cole and Cara you know. It is hard to imagine that they are there huh. I would love to see that little boy and get the kids together. Cara still talks about Cole and baby brad....not so much anymore huh! : (

gina marie said...

That is the best approach to potty training ever! Refuse to do it. The little stinkers are bound and determined to do exactly the opposite of what we want them to. Tonight, I am going to refuse to give my boys vegetables.

Kim said...

I can't believe Brad is potty training himself. That makes me laugh.