Sunday, February 21, 2010

Overloaded

Usually when you return from a vacation you feel relaxed and reset, ready to return to reality. I've been robbed! Do you like how this baby blog has turned into me? I feel a bit like Scarlet, but that's a whole other post.

We landed in Seoul, boarded a bus, and rushed home. Thew our bags down and ran immediately to the emergency room. Cole's blisters were growing in front of our eyes literally every hour they were bigger and bigger. The Dr. marked the boarders with a sharpie and told us to come back in 24 hours if they started to grow. We were back in 4 hours and this time Brad had a lesion too.

Here's what Cole's knee looked like after the first Dr. marked them:




At this point they have each had 5 doses of antibiotics. The blisters have stopped growing in size, but more spots/lesion sites have popped up on both boys. Sore count: Cole has 3 on his left knee, 3 on his right leg, and one on his ear. Brad has two on his legs and one on his ear. They don't look nearly as bad as the originals on Cole's knee, but nevertheless, WHY are they still getting them? We are in a wait and see hold to give the medicines a chance. Cole's ear still looks pretty nasty. There was a moment where I was ready to jump on a plane to the States (ok, honestly I was thinking Hawaii ONLY because it was closer!) The boys were acting fine, you would never know their skin was blistering and falling off!

Keith is feeling better. I blame his stomach issues on his diet. My husband ordered pad thai EVERY meal for 8 days straight. As Brad would say "his tummy hated him". Let that lesson be learned, the digestive system can only safely handle 7 consecutive days of pad thai. From the pictures it appears I drank my calories for 9 days straight and I feel great.

Thank you for the prayers. I'm holding my review of Thailand off till the boys are better and healed. Depending on how long we deal with funky skin blisters I might waiver in my love for the stunning, breathtaking, God made tropical islands and beaches.

3 comments:

Wensowitch's said...

omg, i do not think i will be going there....EVER!! i hope everyone heals quickly!!!

Kim said...

I just laughed my a$$ off at the pad thai for every meal sentence :)

You are a brave lady for handling those flesh-eating sores and a my-tummy-hates-me husband. I would have be a goner.

How you you make it out of Thailand without incident? Must have been the massive amount of booze you consumed :)

Jen McD said...

I think I made it out without incident because I stick to basic food and keep my hands off every moving critter, bug, and crustation. I don't eat dead cat or feel the need to pick up what a monkey just threw down eating. Boys are so gross.