It's been a big break in the blogging world for me, but I would like to think that I'm going to pick it right back up again. The boys are getting cuter, crazier, and funnier. If I don't start writing it down, I'll forget.... because I forgot everything important. It's a gift.
So we left Korea and lived with my parents for a month, bought a house, got Keith home, and then the unpacking began. Hands down, the most difficult move done to date. Moving is ranked pretty high up on the "stress list", but typically, the Air Force makes it easy if you use the services of moving companies. Not so much this time around. We had: a DITY move, a small shipment from Korea, a large shipment from Korea, and the largest shipment from storage in Idaho. It honestly was 4 moves in one.
Where did we get all this junk? Nothing was where I needed it, when I needed it, or even clean. In fact, I think I have 2 boxes hidden in the house still yet to unpack. Not all the pictures are hung, and I ran out of steam long long ago.
So, instead of finishing the job, I'll just sit and write. Cole started first grade at Fowler Elementary School. He got "THE" teacher to get, and I really like her. He's doing great. He is honestly the easiest child. He just does what's expected and usually without any problems. Cole picks things up quickly and easily, he makes friends and seems to enjoy life all the way around. He's a great big brother to Brad and sometimes he says he loves his mom. I think I'm going to keep him. He's the star player on The Green Dragons (if you ask me!), and expected to play up a year or two next season. More on that to follow!
Being the (non)expert parent I am, I might have struck a deal a little bigger than I wanted. I mean, I honestly didn't think we would get to this point. This is why I don't gamble. Ever. I hate to lose money, and then I just hate to lose. I told Cole that if he read a book a day till his birthday, I would buy him a dirt bike. I know. I've lost the last marble in my head. The dang kid is ruthless about reading. He's improved so much, but October is right around the corner and I don't see him "forgetting". Dang. How does he know about the adrenalin a little motorcycle can bring?? Well, let me introduce you to our new neighbors!
I call him "Fun Brian" and his wife Alyssa. They are great-great-great, and one of my favorite features about the new house. Brain is a fun guy. He's smart and funny, kind and generous. His charm sucks you in and the next thing you know your child is on his dirt bike. That's about how the story goes.
Speaking of charm, Brad.... oh my Brad. He is difficult, whiny, demanding, requires much work, love, and patience and I'm totally under his spell. He's so dang cute. Just when I think I couldn't love him more, he does something off the wall that wraps me tighter around that little finger. His future wife might not like me so much with all the conforming we do for him, but I can't help it. He's slowly adapting to a new town/life/routine. As expected. His dr. here wants him tested for all kinds of things, but I still don't think that will give us an instruction book to Brad. We're still waiting on all the referrals and still debating on carrying through with it. He does need to start speech. This only makes me sad when I think of not hearing "lauder, zee zee, or bisquito" He's started a pre-K program with a church and gymnastic classes. We're still testing the waters - I'm sure those will be posts all their own.
Well, it's the middle of the day and my husband just got home! I'm off to head to the store with him before I pick up the boys from school. Life in Wichita Falls is good. Very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment