Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Indiana Jones

You know, I've never seen the movie. I don't care to see the movie. I have no interest in anything Indiana Jones related. That makes it a top favorite in our house. I didn't watch Star Wars either, but think I did a pretty good job faking it last year. So, with love for my boys I'm throwing an Indiana Jones party.

Cole's request. If you're ever throwing a party, the first thing you do is google it. It's that simple. Because you know those who go WAY overboard and outdo everyone else are just as inclined to write whole articles about it.

So I read a few ideas for throwing an Indiana Jones party. I've narrowed down the list of games we could play and decided what was just too much time/money/effort/beyond the limits of sane.

We made invites by crumbling paper and soaking them in tea, baking them and burning the edges to look like a scroll. I've ordered a little swimming pool to do a treasure dig to find a clue. I'm making a beam for the kids to run across while being shot at by poisonous darts (q-tips through straws) for their next clue. I'm even tempted to make an obstacle course for clue three.

So the clues will lead them to their prize - an Indiana Jones activity book. Now, this is where I've decided I've gone a tad overboard. I want to make a paper mache rock to encase the book. The kids will have to tear into the rock to get their prize. Fun? Ah, it might be... if I can ever figure out how to get it in the dang rock! Attempt #1 failed. Back to the drawing boards.

ps. I've officially wrote an entire article about a birthday party. I'm joining the ranks!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wait, for the invites you soaked paper in tea, baked it, and then burned it??? Holy crap. I thought it was just a tan piece of paper.

Yep, you're definitely past the limits of sane.

Wendy said...

What an awesome Mom you are!!! And very creative must I say. I hope he has a spectacular party! And a very happy 7th birthday!

I'm Erin. said...

Where's the party recap?? ;)