Is this thing on?
Well, today was Brad's evaluation. It was a 3 hour long test. She was looking not just at Aspergers, but the Dr. told me this was a wide angle test to cover just about everything.
First of all - we had to fill out these huge information packets. His teachers were given two to complete. They did. I read their answers. I'm going to vent here and then let it pass. I've been told (by his teacher) that he's just a strong willed child that is just playing me. Their answers tell a different story. Surprising to me when I ask and "everything's fine". The end.
The meeting starts with the Dr. and open free play in a toy room. She asks him questions to which he pretended like he didn't hear her. She plays with him and makes comments to which he pretended like he didn't hear her. He's in his own world. Quickly moving on to object to object.
We move to another testing room. Boring white room with no distractions. Three chairs and a table. A two way mirror/window right next to the table. Another assistant comes in to complete the test. She gives Brad a computer "game" to play and then walks out of the room. He quits the game after 20 seconds. He randomly pushes the buttons, pushes other buttons, and turns in the chair. The 5 minute game is over and we move on to several other tests. Listening, matching, writing, rhyming, spelling, counting, building....
Brad checked out 10 minutes into the test. He would just randomly answers some things and just repeat what she said the other half of the test. At one point I was hiding my face from laughing. Brad decided just to repeat everything she said and wouldn't answer her. He threw is finger at answers when I KNOW he knew what was being asked of him.
There were several questions not at his age level, so I'm guessing it was to see where he was on intelligence. Because he could not, choose not to focus, I know he missed 90% of the questions asked of him. He would randomly answer hard questions correctly, but would say "I don't know" "It's too hard" "I'm tired" when he was asked to count to SIX! Please, the child counted to 31 when he was 2!
I have no idea what they are going to conclude from this evaluation. My gut feeling is for sure ADD. At home he plays for hours and watches long movies, he plays outside and with his brother all day long, but watching him trying to complete a small task was painful. My heart hurt for him.
So that was a long couple of hours. We go back in a couple weeks for the results of the evaluation.
Signing off to bathe the children....
1 comment:
Made me sad. :( Hope he does better on next set of tests. He's such a sweet, engaging, loving boy!
Post a Comment