It's the Eve of our season openers. Believe me, I know how crazy that sounds, but I use it to describe how absolutely serious a young Colby McDaniel is about tomorrow.
He's told me all week long how nervous he is about the game tomorrow. He's heard they are playing the best team in their division. He's anxious and is constantly needing his little ego to be stroked. Tonight in the car:
Cole: Mom, when I play in the World Cup will I play against Christian Renaldo?
Me: Well, if he is still playing when you get to the World Cup, yes - you will play against him.
Cole: Do you think I can beat him?
Me: Yes baby, I think you'll easily beat him.
We might have even made a trip to Academy for some underarmor clothes to keep them warm tomorrow. Daddy bought them new soccer balls (#12 and #13 around here, but who's counting?) They are so excited.
We were putting the boys to bed tonight at 9:30pm. We have to be at the fields by 8am. I told Cole he has to go right to sleep because we'll be up early. He needed a complete countdown of how much time he has to sleep and when he has to be up. "Is it almost time for me to wake up already?" No honey, you have about 8 hours. Lots of time for good rest. Settle down.
We said extra special prayers for the boys first day tomorrow. Cole's about chewed all the skin off his thumb nails (a little habit he's picked up from his GG!) The clothes are laid out, the chairs and blankets are packed in the van, water bottles ready to be filled, and cameras charging. It's the Eve of a big day in the McDaniel house. I secretly love it.
1 comment:
Hehe! ...or not so secretly love it :D What a good soccer momma! Good luck Cole! I'm sure you'll do great!
Post a Comment