Monday, April 7, 2008

The Begining of Your Future

Like it or not, these boys were breed to play soccer. They will have to try it and learn to love it. I guess when they are old enough to write a 50 page dissertation explaining WHY they do not like soccer, we will think about letting them find a new sport. We tease... .kinda.

So, as soon as Cole reached the magical age of 4 and the following season rolled around - he was registered on his first league. You know this kid has had several individual private practices, so this is his first team experience. Sadly, Daddy isn't the coach. I tried and tried to talk him into it. I don't think he has the patience for this age. He would much rather explain offense and defense to someone who can grasp the concept of staying within the painted lines call the field.

Cole is more excited to be silly with friends than to actually play. Ball time and starting are the furthest things from his head. He is having fun and that's all that really matters. At this stage everyone plays at the same time, the coaches are allowed on the field, and nobody keeps score.... except for your dad! On a side note, we are a little sad with our jersey color and sponsor. We're maroon representing Ashley Manor. Keith is ready to trade to the blue team from Dave's Guns. On a positive note, your #5.. just like your Uncle Garrett, but you play a little dirty just like Uncle Wes.

The game started and everyone takes off. The swarm of bees stayed right on top of the ball. Everyone was so precious. I did find some of your dad's commentary funny. Funnier was the mom yelling "man on"! They are all within 8 inches of each other... when does the "man on" phrase become valid? Cole had so much fun! It's all he's been talking about. You want to wear your jersey to practices and can't wait for the next game. "Tell me when it's Saturday again!" I promise, I will tell you when it's Saturday.

No comments: