Sunday, April 13, 2008

Just Laxin'

Ahh - such a beautiful weekend. I think after months of being cooped inside, searching for warmth, doing everything to avoid outdoors you REALLY appreciate nice weather. This weekend was NICE. The entire town was outside. Weird after months of driving in the neighborhoods where you never saw a person outside. Garage doors were always closed. We've crawled out of the wood works. In the misunderstood interpretation of wording by Cole - we just "laxed" all weekend.

It was in the upper 60's on Saturday. We spent all day outside. I forgot to put sunscreen on Brad (my sensitive skinned baby) and he got a little pink. We had a soccer game, then came home to jump on the bounce house. Keith and Cole went 4-wheeling with The Thomas', and while Brad napped I got to read for 3 hours outside! When does that happen?! Today was a walk to the park and quick fishing trip at Legacy Park. The whistle pigs are out - can I just say that I love them. Prairie Dogs are my favorite animal - whistle pigs are teacup versions. So cute. Keith thinks they are vermin that tear up the land. I take it personally. I could watch them all day. Good thing Mountain Home is FULL of whistle pigs.

On a side note: We are so blessed by the Thomas' (is it Thomas' or Thomases... whatever) Cole had a soccer game yesterday and Steve showed up to cheer him on at 10am. They came to his first game, but I thought that it was just because it was the "first" game. He cheered you and the whole team on. I was just really touched by that. They really love these boys. Good friends. They will be great parents one day. I hope we are around to meet their babies!!

No comments: