Friday, April 18, 2008

Dad's Chance

We got a call from the soccer coach and she can't make practice. Coach Jennifer wanted to know if your dad would run the show. I immediately answered for him - YES. I don't know if he secretly loved it or not, but I know that Cole had a fun time.

Cole also has been saying some crazy things to show off his memory of steel. We were looking at a farm book and it had a picture of a barn full of cows hooked up to mechanical milkers. I explained to Cole that they are machines to milk all of the cows at the same time. He said, "No, sometimes you can use your hands like this.... remember like Cara and I did on the fake cow at the fair." I was SHOCKED that he remembered that. In fact it took me a second to remember what he was talking about. But sure enough, he was right.

When Keith was getting him ready for soccer, he said "Dad remember when you were little playing soccer and your hurt your hip?" Now, this happened before Keith and I even met, and the story was only told to him once when Grandpa Greg came to visit. Cole continued, "you hurt your hip, your illa cress." Completely true, Dad had an injury to his lilac crest.

This past game, you were the MVP for the other team! You scored their only 2 goals and took out Ryan 6 times as he had a shot on goal. It's all about fun, and you had a blast. Way to go baby, TWO GOALS!!!

No comments: