Keith,
I am so sorry you have to spend Father's Day away from your boys. I know lots of dads would think that's the greatest gift ever - a free day to golf, sleep, do what I want to do...not you. You are the kind of dad who WANTS to be around his boys. I know you would do anything just to hang out with them today. Today definately would have involved doing something fun. You would have taken them fishing at the river, floating, or a trip to the pool and ice cream later.
You are a good daddy. There are times when I am jealous of the relationship you have with them. I know you will always be close to them like you are to your dad. They will want to talk to you and get your opinion and not avoid your calls. They will run to your first with their good news and seek your approval. I can see the way they interact with you. You always bring the touch of patience when I've run out.
I am trying to "think like you would" when I'm failing and yelling at them. It usually works. You are not just a Daddy to them, you are an active partner in parenting and for that I thank you. I'll try not to "mess them up" too much while you are away. I love you and Happy Father's Day.
1 comment:
The best gift I could ask for you've given me so don't get started on I wish the card was on time. You and the awesome little heathens are the greatest gift any dad could wish for. Love you.
Post a Comment