Saturday, April 25, 2009

He's The Greatest

Every now and then, Keith does something that TOTALLY redeems himself as world's greatest husband. Never in a million years did I suspect my 30th surprise birthday party. He pulled it off and I loved it. Never in a million years did I suspect him to organize a spa day with my girlfriends last summer. I fell for every "set up" along the way. And tonight... again, totally surprised when he's proven time and time again of what he's capable of.

I heard a knock at the door at 6pm. It was Kimmie our babysitter. Dang. I totally thought I told her the wrong date (I need her tomorrow). She said "nope, Keith called and I'm here tonight too" WHAT? She said that Keith called her and said I was going out with my friends..... again, what?

She couldn't remember all the details and asked if she should go home.... NO WAY! I told her I would leave even if if meant I would go sit in the car (not kidding) Shortly thereafter Erin showed up. Turns out Keith emailed her and asked if she would be willing to go out with me for girl time. Thank you Josh for that! And he emailed Ashley to see if she would be up for it too. She was! - with Brooke!

We all went to the little coffee shop in town. We talked and relaxed. It was just the break I needed. I didn't have to go the whole bedtime routine or listen to 2 extra hours of whining. (sidenote: how am I going to say goodbye to these girls?)

I know Keith went way out of his way to find Kimmie's number and reach out to Erin and Ashley. Thanks baby. I needed that more than I realized. You're pretty great and I guess I will stick around for 50 plus years. I am one lucky lady and I love you.

3 comments:

I'm Erin. said...

Thanks Keith! It was a good reason for me to get out of bedtime duty too! :) Shall we make it a weekly event? ;)

Keith McDaniel said...

I actually did it for both of you, man I'm good. Oh, I did it for Steve too since Ashley brought Brooke.

Hilary said...

Good husband!